Reasons to Contact Us
You might be wondering why you might need to contact us since we’re providing online life insurance quotes. Isn’t the whole point of an online quoter to give you quotes without needing to speak to an agent? Well, yes and no.
The quotes you get online aren’t necessarily the same as the rate you’ll pay when you actually buy a policy. Quotes are more like estimates – based on the information you provide, this is an approximation of what the life insurance provider is likely to offer you. But that’s not the whole story. The life insurer needs more information before they’ll offer you coverage at a particular rate. And because that information can get pretty detailed – including your medical history and your family’s medical history – there’s an extra step in the process that needs to happen before you can buy coverage. This step is called the underwriting process.
Long story short, during the underwriting process, the life insurance carrier will gather all the information it needs to evaluate how much risk it might be to offer you a policy. If you’re young and healthy, that risk is lower – and your rate will reflect that. If you’re a little older, and have had a health issue or two recently, that risk is higher – and your rate will be, too. But since this information isn’t taken into account until after you apply, the quote you get online won’t reflect this. That’s why it’s best to think of that original online quote as an estimate.
That’s why we need to talk to you once you submit your request for a life insurance application. We’ll gather the information required to submit the application, and pass it on to the life insurance provider. So the most important reason of all to contact us is so that we can process your request for life insurance and get you on the path to being covered!
Contact Us to Ask a Question
Life insurance can be confusing – we get it! That’s why we’re here to answer all your questions throughout the process, from initial quote to making your first payment to put the policy in force. We’ve been doing this for decades, so we’ve had a chance to see just about everything. No questions are too small – we understand that everything that has to do with your family’s coverage is important. We’re happy to answer questions, provide alternatives, and walk you through each step of the application process. It’s why we’re here and it’s what we love to do.
You’re always welcome to call us or email us, but we might just have the answer you’re looking for in our Frequently Asked Questions section. Here are the kinds of answers you’ll find there:
Contact Us for a Life Insurance Review
If you bought your policy a couple years ago, chances are your life has changed in the meantime. If you’ve had any major life changes, it’s time to figure out of your old coverage still meets your needs. Here are some common life changes that should trigger an insurance review:
- You got married. Congratulations! That special person in your life changed everything, so take them into account with your life insurance coverage. You probably want to add them as a beneficiary. You may also want to increase your coverage to help provide for them if anything were to happen to you.
- You had a baby. Short on sleep, right? But don’t forget about your life insurance coverage. You need a bigger policy to provide for your new bundle of joy. Contact us to talk about policy options, including life insurance trusts.
- You got divorced. Some judges will require one or both spouses to have a life insurance policy as a condition of the divorce decree. Even if that’s not the case, you may want to look at your coverage. Is your ex still named as a beneficiary? Contact us and let’s get that changed.
- You bought a house. This is a big step forward! Make sure your investment is protected with life insurance. If something happened to you, could your loved ones stay in that house? A term life policy that covers the amount of the mortgage could be just the right solution. Contact us and let’s find out.
- You got a raise or a new job. If you’re bringing home the bacon, let’s take a look at how your increased salary has affected your family’s standard of living. Life insurance is designed to cover some or all of those costs of living if your loved ones had to make it without you. Let’s make sure your coverage can still do that based on your current salary and expenses.
- You quit your job. Did you have life insurance coverage through work? If so, you probably can’t take that coverage with you. Contact us and let’s get something in place that’s affordable and covers any existing debt.
Contact Us for Coverage without a Medical Exam
There are more options than ever to find quality coverage without taking a medical exam. That was one positive change to come from the pandemic – insurance carriers had to find ways to offer people coverage without the traditional in-person medical exam. Non-med policies already existed, but more carriers expanded on their non-traditional offerings to accommodate contactless service during the pandemic. And now, our clients tell us they love these non-med options for a variety of reasons:
- Fast. Non-med policies don’t rely on a medical exam to get more information about your health and history. Instead, they use databases to pull information about you. Because there’s no medical exam to schedule, and because those database checks are often instantaneous, you can get covered in hours or days instead of weeks.
- Simple. Scheduling a medical exam can be tough. Our clients have work schedules, childcare schedules, school schedules, and/or a spouse’s schedule to juggle. Trying to squeeze in one more thing is a lot harder than it used to be. Skipping the exam makes all that hassle go away.
- No needles. If you’re not fond of needles, you’re not alone. But now, you don’t have to let that anxiety keep you from getting covered. Contact us and let us help you find the right no-exam policy so you can keep the process as anxiety-free as possible.
- No contact. If you’d rather avoid contact with others while we’re still dealing with the pandemic, the no-exam option lets you do just that. There’s no worry about inviting a stranger into your home or workplace. You can still get coverage and keep your distance.