Pacific Life Insurance Company Review
If you are considering Pacific life insurance company for your life insurance needs then you are at the right place. Our review will help you decide if this company is right for you or not.
Pacific life was founded in 1868 by Leland Stanford in Sacramento, California. Lelan ( who also founded Stanford University) was one of the first policyholders of the company. After his death, his wife used the money from the policy to pay for professors.
The company had hard times during the Great Depression but it survived and now its one of the best life insurance providers out there.
Pacific Life Financial Ratings:
When deciding on a life insurance company it’s important to find out if the company will be financially stable in the long run. Pacific life like its logo represents, embodies high performance, strength and consistency. Its financial report reflects this as it has been awarded “A or higher rating” from four of the major rating agencies (A.M. Best, Fitch, Moody’s and Standard & Poors ) making it one of the best-rated life insurance companies in America.
|Standard & Poor´s||AA-||Very Strong|
|Comdex||Near the top ten percent|
Pacific life has grown into an enormous company and it ranks high in terms of sales too. Let’s have a look at some of the notable achievements:
- 1st Indexed Universal Life and Universal Life Sales
- 8th Total Life Insurance Sales
- 13th Variable Annuity Sales
- 16th Largest Fixed Annuity Sales
- 302nd Fortune 500 Company
The company not only operates all across the United States but even has some businesses set up in Asia and Europe.
Life Insurance Products Available by Pacific Life:
Pacific life offers a wide range of products that cater to individuals, families and business of all sizes. Currently, they offer:
- Term Life Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Indexed Universal Life Insurance
- Variable Universal LIfe Insurance
Term Life Insurance:
Pacific Prime Term is the only available option from Pacific life. This is a basic term life insurance with flat death benefit and level premiums for a specified period of time. It comes in 10, 15, 20 and 30 years options to meet your mid to long-term needs. Their rates are attractive and they also offer conversion flexibility.
The conversion feature allows you to convert your term life insurance policy to any of the company’s Permanent life insurance products.
Conversion and standard terminal illness riders are available with all prime term life policies.
- Conversion Rider: The conversion rider allows you to convert your term life insurance policy to any of the company’s Permanent life insurance products without added underwriting.
- Standard Terminal Illness Rider: You can access up to 75% of the policy’s death benefit if the policyholder is diagnosed with a terminal illness.
You also have an option to purchase an additional rider:
- Waiver of Premium: Premiums are waived if you become totally disabled (after a 180 waiting day period) before the age of 65.
If the disability occurs before the age of 60 and continues until age 65 or longer, premiums will be waived even if the insured recovers later.
If the disability occurs after age 60 premiums will be waived up to age 65 or, if longer, for 2 years.
Universal Life Insurance:
Permanent life insurance differs greatly from Universal life insurance. If you have a real estate property or a higher income bracket then you may consider buying permanent life insurance. Term Life insurance is affordable and may be purchased for needed years. It’s always advisable to discuss with an experienced independent life insurance agents before you make an investing decision.
Which One to Choose?
Policy features of Term and Whole life insurance:
CHOICE OF POLICY LENGTH
|ACCUMULATES CASH VALUE|
You can check out our full comparative article on “Term life and Whole life insurance, which one to choose?” for more detailed information.
Pacific Life has great product offerings when it comes to permanent life insurance. Below you will find their vast product range and their PDF’s for more detailed information.
Universal Life Insurance Products:
- Versa-Flex PRO II – Client Guide – CV Version
- Versa-Flex NLG – Client Guide
- Pacific PremierCare® Advantage – Client Guide
- Pacific Estate Preserver lll: Client Guide
- Pacific Prime UL-NLG – Client Guide
- Pacific PremierCare Advantage® Multi-Pay – Client Guide
Universal Indexed Life Insurance Products
- Pacific Indexed Accumulator 5 – Client Guide
- Pacific Indexed Protector 2 – Client Guide
- Pacific Discovery Xelerator IUL – Client Guide
- Pacific Indexed Performer LT 2 – Client Guide
- Indexed Pacific Estate Preserver 2 – Client Guide
Variable Universal Life Insurance Products:
- Pacific Select VUL – Client Guide
- Pacific Select Survivorship VUL – Client Guide
- Pacific Select VUL- Accumulation – Client Guide
- Pacific Prime VUL – Client Guide
Read our article on “Best Life Insurance Companies” to find out the top-notch companies that could save you some thousands.
Looking for instant and affordable term life insurance? Then call our licensed independent agent here at LifeQuote. We will get you covered in no time!
Pacific Life Insurance Company Summary:
|Address||700 Newport Center Drive|
Newport Beach, CA 92660-6397
|Standard & Poors||AA-|
|Term Life Insurance|
|Universal Life Insurance|
|Indexed Universal Life Insurance|
|Variable Universal Life Insurance|
Thank you for reading our article on “Pacific Life Insurance Company”. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.